We want you to be our newest Peoplecarer, so here are some tips & tricks to give you the best shot.
- Less is more – keep it short (no more than 3 pages), easy to read and to the point
- Tell us where you’ve been – we like to see what you’ve been up to for the last several years, with your latest job at the top. Make sure you mention how long you’ve been at each job, and if you’ve had any breaks it helps to tell us why (holiday of a lifetime, looking after kids, etc.)
- Let your referees know that we might call – no one likes to be put on the spot!
- Triple check your spelling and grammar – we notice that kind of thing!
- Keep it consistent and easy to follow
- Brag – tell us all of your qualifications
- Keep it simple – try not to use jargon or abbreviations
Once you’ve perfected your resume, follow the links on our website to get your application underway. You’ll be taken to a website called Harrison Assessments, this is where you upload your resume & cover letter and complete two questionnaires.
Your cover letter
- Tell us why you want to become a Peoplecarer
- Why does the job sound right for you?
- Let us know when you’re available
- Be prepared! Read over the description of the job you’ve applied for, take some time to learn more about Peoplecare
- Think about your past jobs. What about them could be good examples in this interview?
- Ask us questions – we like to answer them too!
- If you need a question repeated or some time to answer, don’t be afraid to ask
- Be yourself! We want you to be our next Peoplecarer, so try to relax (easier said than done, we know!)