You may also want to consider travel insurance when travelling within Australia to protect your pre-paid travel arrangements against cancellation.
Either way, QBE has a range of travel insurance policies to suit your needs and Peoplecare members get a great deal on QBE's already competitive rates and FREE access to QBE Assist - QBE's 24-hour Worldwide emergency assistance service.
QBE Travel Insurance Policies are designed for personal travellers during trips of up to 12 months, within Australia and overseas. They have a wide range of benefits that are tailored to your destination, including cover for:
- Overseas Medical, Repatriation and evacuation
- Dental and Additional Expenses
- Accidental Death, Disability and Loss of Income
- Cancellation & Delays
- Rental Vehicle Expenses
- Luggage and Travel Documents
- Insolvency of scheduled airlines, hotels, cruise lines, resort operators, railways operators and more
- Disruption of travel plans caused by natural disasters, hijack and terrorist attacks.
- If you travel regularly for business or pleasure, QBE can provide cover for annual multiple trips within a 12 month period (maximum duration of any one trip is 60 days).
or call QBE on 02 9333 3786 for more info.
If you're travelling overseas, you can ask us if you can suspend your Peoplecare health cover for an agreed period of time.
More information on suspending your membership
- You need to organise your travel insurance before you leave.
- If you have a pre-existing condition you'll need to organise your travel insurance at least 5 business days before you leave, and you'll be prompted to complete a medical appraisal as part of the sign-up process.
The boring but necessary fine print:
*Insurance is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545. Peoplecare Health Limited ABN 95 087 648 753. AR No. 8042 is an authorised representative of QBE. The advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it’s appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the policy before you make any decision to buy it.